Happy New Year! Have a really great time tonight. There's a hugely exciting 2019 ahead - please SHARE this post to spread the word about what's coming up!
You can catch up on My Plan for our area here
1) In January, local authority leaders will vote on Ben Houchen - Tees Valley Mayor's plan to save our airport, hopefully paving the way for a dramatic turnaround!
2) In February, we'll find out whether the bid to extend the TransPennine Express Trains service from Manchester through to Saltburn and East Cleveland has been successful, transforming our connections.
3) In March, we'll leave the EU, delivering on Brexit and getting on with our future as a global, free-trading powerhouse.
4) In April, people will benefit from tax cuts that will see the personal allowance before you start paying income tax rise to £12,500, and the higher rate threshold for the 40% rate rise to £50,000.
5) In May we'll have the chance to vote for fresh, optimistic leadership locally, with all-out elections across Middlesbrough Council and Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council.
6) Throughout the year I'll be working on other key projects, including:
(i) a long-term solution to the Marton Crawl, where the Transport Secretary Chris Grayling has expressed real enthusiasm for investing in the rail link from Nunthorpe to the town centre, complete with a park and ride;
(ii) campaigning for a new doctors' surgery in Nunthorpe as a result of new building, and ensuring Guisborough Hospital redevelopment proceeds to plan;
(iii) urging Arriva North East to improve bus connectivity in East Cleveland, in particular links to the Skelton retail park;
(iv) supporting the regeneration of Loftus, keeping a focus on a town that has been forgotten for too long; and
(v) pressuring both the Government and the Police and Crime Commissioner to ensure Cleveland Police gets a better funding settlement, reforms are delivered and rural areas receive better coverage.
All this before we talk about new jobs and growth at the South Tees Development Corporation, or at Sirius Minerals new mine!
There's so much to do - and it won't be possible without your support. Thank you and let's make 2019 a great year for our area!!